Employment Opportunities Listings
TRAINING & TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE SPECIALIST
The purpose of this position is to perform a variety of technical and administrative tasks to address the specific learning needs of SAPP providers with emphasis on those that deliver substance abuse prevention services. This position coordinates and delivers training, events and technical assistance services to address the learning needs of prevention professionals.
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Facilitates Prevention First training curricula via classroom, phone, webinar, etc., to diverse populations in different community areas throughout the state; prepares for training; coordinate logistics; conducts follow-up with participants for feedback; delivers workshops and presentations.
- Conducts process evaluation for all assigned trainings and events including a review of participant evaluations and completion of a training report.
- Recommends changes and updates to Prevention First training curricula.
- Participates in the collection and analysis of data to determine the professional development needs, including training and technical assistance of providers.
- Works with state system partners (IDHS, CSSC, CPRD, etc.) to coordinate technical assistance to meet the performance issues and learning needs of SAPP, PFS and DFC providers.
- Facilitates technical assistance with SAPP, PFS and DFC providers, using Prevention First’s TA Guidance document.
- Monitors training and technical assistance services for effectiveness and responsiveness to provider needs, including consultant-led training programs; attends training and conducts follow-up with participants and training consultants.
- Develops professional development resources, using Prevention First guidance, as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Education, Social Work or related field with a minimum of three years’ experience in substance abuse prevention, project management, budget development and implementation, coordinating technical assistance services and performing related tasks, strategic planning, coalition building; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
DESIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Facilitation Skills – Ability to bring about an outcome (such as learning) in large groups, small groups and one-on-one scenarios.
- Creative - Ability to produce new concepts, ideas and solutions.
- Goal Oriented - Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
- Communication Skills – Ability to organize and convey ideas clearly in writing and verbally.
- Critical Thinking – Ability to analyze and evaluate an issue in order to form a judgment.
- Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
ABOUT PREVENTION FIRST
Prevention First is a nonprofit organization dedicated to fostering healthy communities that encourage drug-free youth. Our mission is to build community capacity to prevent substance abuse by providing training and technical assistance and raising public awareness. Since 1980, Prevention First has provided training, technical assistance and resource materials to thousands of schools, community groups, parents and youth. We specialize in building the capacity of practitioners to build and sustain effective community coalitions to prevent substance abuse, develop comprehensive strategic prevention plans, and select and implement appropriate evidence-based prevention strategies. We are funded through the Illinois Department of Human Services and offer our services through the state.
We offer an exceptional benefit package to our full-time employees (80% and above):
- Paid Time Off Accrual System (eligible day 1)
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental & vision (Agency pays for employee coverage)
- 401(k) plan (eligible after 90 days, vested after 1 year)
This is a full-time, FLSA exempt position, reporting to the Manager of Training & Technical Assistance. This position can be based in Chicago or Springfield, with the option to work from home. The starting salary is $55,000.
Please e-mail your cover letter and resume to email@example.com or mail to 33 W. Grand Ave, Suite 300, Chicago, IL 60654. Deadline to apply is Monday, July 17, 2017. No phone calls please! EEO employer.
Back to main Employment page