Conference Planning Assistant
Do you have experience in conference planning? Looking for a part-time position? We may have just the opportunity for you!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Conference Planning Assistant to join our team. The purpose of this position is to provide the Manager of Special Initiatives with support in coordinating conferences, meetings and special events. This is a part-time temporary position based in Springfield, IL.
We’re fighting for a good cause….join us!
Prevention First has a long and proud history of leadership in the field of prevention. Prevention First has trained hundreds of schools and community groups in use of effective substance prevention programs and practices, opened the state’s first training and resource center to help schools establish effective Student Assistance Programs, and became the fiscal agent for Illinois’ Students Against Destructive Decisions (SADD). We have also trained hundreds of healthcare professionals in educating women regarding the dangers of drinking alcohol while pregnant. As the industry leader, we provide an array of services to serve community substance abuse prevention and other human service professionals, including training, technical assistance, customized train-the-trainer programs, professionally published publications, and conference/special event planning. We are funded through the Illinois Department of Human Services and offer our services through the state.
What’s expected of you?
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Attends meetings, records, prepares and distributes notices, minutes and correspondence for events, conferences and committee meetings.
- Maintains all conference/event files.
- Prepares a variety of memos, forms, letters, reports and correspondence for department staff.
- Performs general clerical functions; copies materials, posts mail, performs data entry, etc. Provides support to department staff and program initiatives.
- Responds to inquiries and questions regarding conferences and events, payments, credits and other conference/event related issues.
- Assist participants with their online uConnect registrations; provides on-site registration support; prepares name badges for participants; attends meetings on and off site.
- Communicates with speakers and vendors regarding scheduling, resources, presentations, etc. and assists with the collection of information and preparation of contract request forms
- Maintains all conference/event/committee databases; maintains database for mailings, etc.
- Invoices accounts payable and records payments for annual conference.
- Compiles data from event evaluation forms using the spreadsheets and prepares related reports.
- Coordinates conference and registration materials prior to conferences and other training events as well as information packets.
- Collects information on availability, banquet services and prices as needed.
- Assists in proofing and editing materials;
This is a part-time temporary position, reporting to the Manager of Special Initiatives. This position is based in our Springfield office. This position will work approximately 25 hours per week for 6 months. The salary range for this position is $23 - $25 per hour.
High school diploma or equivalent with vocational/technical training in Business or a related field with three years of related experience or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities. Position requires possession of a valid Illinois driver’s license.
Please e-mail your cover letter, resume and salary requirement to email@example.com , or snail mail to 33 W. Grand Ave, Suite 300, Chicago, IL 60654. Deadline to apply is Wednesday, October 19, 2016. No phone calls please! EEO employer.
For more information or general inquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to main Employment page