Teen Pregnancy Prevention
This mini-training or "Spark," is designed to assist in building your school’s capacity to connect students to essential health services. This Spark mini-training outlines Illinois' laws and policies related to minor consent for confidential services, and it explores best practices for providing referrals to health services for adolescents. This package includes a PowerPoint presentation, a facilitator script and follow up material. The Spark may be delivered by providers or staff in a brief 15-30 minutes and are specifically designed to “spark” discussion and reflection among audiences.
If you would like to learn more about this topic, here are some additional resources and cited sources.
• Illinois Caucus for Adolescent Health- Health Care Rights of Youth in Illinois
• Healthy Chicago Public Schools Sexual Health Services Referral Toolkit
• 2016 CDC Chlamydia Statistics
• 410 ILCS 210/ Consent by Minors to Medical Procedure Act
• 325 ILCS 10/ Birth Control Services to Minors Act
• 405 ILCS 5/Mental Health and Developmental Disabilities Code