This course is part of the series Preventing Prescription Drug Abuse
← Back to the Series Details
Course: Preventing Prescription Drug and Over-the-Counter Drug Abuse Among Teens
Intended Audience: Substance Abuse Prevention Professionals
Preventing Prescription and Over-the-Counter Drug Abuse Among Teens is an online course designed for substance abuse prevention professionals who would like a better understanding of prescription drug and over-the-counter drug misuse among teens. During the course, participants will learn about the most commonly abused prescription drugs and over-the-counter medications, use rates and trends among U.S. and Illinois teens, factors that contribute to prescription drug abuse and effective prevention strategies and applicable resources. Completion time for this course is approximately 1.5 hours.
Closed captioning of the videos in this course are available upon request.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- name and describe the most commonly abused prescription/OTC medications,
- describe prescription/OTC drug misuse rates by teens in Illinois,
- describe national prescription/OTC drug use rates and trends among youth,
- identify the factors that contribute to teen prescription/OTC drug abuse,
- identify the signs of abuse, and
- identify strategies and resources for preventing prescription/OTC drug abuse.
Please Login to view the presentation.