This course is part of the series Illinois Introduction to Substance Abuse Prevention (IISAP)
← Back to the Series Details
Course: IISAP I: Welcome to Prevention
Intended Audience: Illinois Department of Human Services (IDHS) Substance Abuse Prevention Program (SAPP) Providers
IISAP I: Welcome to Prevention is a self-paced, online course which introduces participants to the prevention field. It provides an overview of the need for prevention services, prevention history, the evolution of prevention science and evidence-based prevention. Completion time for this course is approximately 2 hours.
Closed captioning of the videos in this course are available upon request.
By the end of IISAP I, participants will be able to:
- define prevention,
- explain the Continuum of Care,
- describe substance use rates and trends among Illinois youth,
- identify the effects and consequences of youth substance use,
- explain the stages of addiction,
- explain the history of prevention, including the primary strategies applied by decade, and
- describe evidence-based prevention.
Please Login to view the presentation.