Through a variety of training programs, Prevention First prepares professionals to bring to their communities the models, strategies and competencies that make prevention work. These courses increase the knowledge, skills and ability of prevention specialists to:
- Build effective coalitions to prevent substance abuse;
- Develop effective strategic prevention plans;
- Select and implement evidence-based programs, practices and policies; and
- Evaluate their efforts to ensure progress in achieving substance abuse prevention goals.
We use a variety of training methods to accommodate the needs of our learners, including:
- Classroom-based (instructor led) training which offers a guided, interactive learning experience in which participants and facilitators can discuss new information and practice new skills
- Self-paced training (self-study) allows a participant to complete the material at his/her leisure
- Interactive webinars allow for structured learning from any location via computer and phone
Please email training questions to email@example.com.