Bring Prevention To Your Community.
Prevention First prepares professionals to bring the models, strategies, and competencies that make prevention work back to their communities. Our courses help prevention specialists:
- Build effective coalitions to prevent substance use.
- Develop effective strategic prevention plans.
- Select and implement evidence-based programs, practices, and policies.
- Implement substance use programming to offenders.
- Prepare for CADC certification.
- Evaluate their efforts to ensure progress in achieving goals.
- Classroom-based (instructor-led) training offers a guided, interactive learning experience where participants and facilitators can discuss new information and practice new skills.
- Virtual classroom (instructor-led, online) training offers participants a guided, interactive learning experience outside the Prevention First classroom.
- Self-paced training (self-study) allows participants to complete the material on their time.
- Interactive webinars allow structured learning from any location via a computer or phone.
Training courses are listed on the left side panel for each Prevention First program.
To register for a course, you must first log into Prevention First.
Not a member? Set up your free membership HERE.
Training During COVID.
Prevention First remains committed to providing you with outstanding classroom-based training and ensuring a safe and healthy environment. We have established a COVID-19 Training Policy that is in effect immediately and until further notice. Prevention First will adhere to CDC guidelines and federal, state, and local mandates regarding COVID-19 safeguards. We will continue to monitor and share updates and changes to COVID-19 guidance and adjust our policy accordingly.