Ethical Considerations for Recovery Coaches
Wednesday, May 12 - Thursday, May 13, 2021 - 10:00 AM - 04:00 PM
Recovery coaching as a peer-to-peer recovery support services has grown exponentially over the past few years. The issue of ethical considerations has been discussed in many circles yet formal training has been lacking for recovery coaches. This training addresses this critical need. Based on the widely used Ethical Guidelines for the Delivery of Peer-based Recovery Support Services by William White and PRO-ACT (2007), we designed this training to help coaches, and anyone else working in the peer role, to understand how critical it is to be ethically responsible. Using presentations, small group work, and role play to address many areas including: defining the coaching service role and functions, coaching standards, issues of vulnerability, ethical decision making, performance enhancement and legal issues.
PARTICIPANTS WHO COMPLETE THIS TRAINING WILL:
- Understand what ethics are and why ethics are so important when performing Recovery Coach Services
- Learn how to stay in your lane as a recovery coach
- Understand the decision making process
- Develop guidelines for making ethical decisions
- Apply the new learning to your every day work as a Recovery Coach
If you have any questions please contact Kylie Crouse by email email@example.com or by phone 1.800.252.8951 ext:123
This is a Webinar event.